Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43

Thread: Energy Drink overdose = Little brother

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Energy Drink overdose = Little brother

    So yeah.. today my brother (13 years old) gulped down two energy drinks in a row and started getting really sick becuase of it.

    He did it at school (during lunch I believe) and my mom had to bring him home as a result..

    I know this thread probably seems more personal than anything and like something that nobody really cares about, but I'm just saying that the threat of getting too much too fast is indeed very real and you will threaten bodily harm if you drink those things too fast too quickly!

    I Googled up some info about energy drink overdoses, and I've seen the word "Death" all over the place, which scares the hell out of me considering this is my brother we're talking about.

    I pretty much love energy drinks myself, but after seeing what happened to him today (he's doing OK now, thank god), I'll definitely be more considerate about how much I consume at a time.. although I normally only drink one or two in the span of an entire day.

    Be careful guys!
    Officially retired

  2. #2
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Energy Drink overdose = Litlte brother

    yup, my brother drank a bunch one night at a lock-in at G2k and they didn't put a limit on his intake. They didn't watch it, and he didn't eat anything. He wound up in the hospital the next day, and it gave him irregular heart beat. Screwed him good.. that's why I hate G2k

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Diets17's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Energy Drink overdose = Litlte brother

    Im against energy drinks, especially in the teen years. Why should someone so young need a boost of energy? Fake energy at that, its just sugar and caffeine mostly. Also vitamins you should be getting from either a multi vitamin or eating right. Real energy is calories. Eat right, take your vitamins, especially b-vitamins and you will have all the energy you need. Energy drinks are unheatlhy physically. Look at it this way, what if you become dependent on that direct kind of energy. Your performance in everyday life will becoming from these drinks. So many in America wake up everyday to drink thier expressos and coffee when they could just be eating a good healthy cereal that has everything you need. Wonder why so many are burnt out?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_VTgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2002
    Posts
    1,245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Energy Drink overdose = Litlte brother

    I don't understand why people are chuggin' energy drinks? Are they looking for a "buzz" or something?

    Red Bull used to put a truck full of their stuff in front of the empo especially around finals time and hand it out for free. So walking in I would get a sugar-free and it just gave me a little boost to focus on studying.

    Hey, at least I wasn't poppin' adderall like most everyone around me. I earned my grades drug free (minus caffeine)!
    Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.
    George Orwell

  5. #5
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Energy Drink overdose = Litlte brother

    [ QUOTE ]

    Red Bull used to put a truck full of their stuff in front of the empo especially around finals time and hand it out for free. So walking in I would get a sugar-free and it just gave me a little boost to focus on studying.


    [/ QUOTE ]

    Red Bull RULES!

    I prefer Von Dutch, however. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    energy drink1
    Officially retired

  6. #6
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Energy Drink overdose = Litlte brother

    you are on here initially bitching about energy drinks and now you say red bull rocks?

    make up your mind

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Energy Drink overdose = Litlte brother

    You lettin your age show a bit VTgal, they dont really prescribe adderall anymore. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

    [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member the_alienist's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2006
    Posts
    597
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Energy Drink overdose = Litlte brother

    Adderall has the same chemical makeup that speed and cocaine have, it is an amphetamine. I work with two crack addicts and a handful of meth abusers, you know what one of the common starting points between them is? Adderall was one of the first substances that they used. It is so dangerous when not taken as prescribed, and even when taken as directed it can still cause serious side effects.

    The thing with energy drinks that really makes them so dangerous is the fact that they combine large amounts of sugar, which causes your blood sugar to spike, which inturn causes insulin to be fed into the system to break it down. Add to that extremely high amounts of caffeine, a powerful diuretic, and when the sugar has been broken down and the heart has been working in response to the caffeine, all of the important electrolytes are leeched out of the system due to the size of the sugar and caffeine molecules.
    Caffeine is a drug like anything else, and in large enough amounts, it adversely affects the body, and can even damage heart muscle.
    I make Machiavelli look like a weenie.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Energy Drink overdose = Litlte brother

    [ QUOTE ]
    You lettin your age show a bit VTgal, they dont really prescribe adderall anymore. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

    [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Yeah they do, I work in a child and adolescent with a psychiatrist....trust me they do still prescribe adderall, on a regular basis.
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Energy Drink overdose = Litlte brother

    I don't see what the big deal is. I've had a few of them, never got a buzz or a spike of energy.

    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •